You set the password of the vSphere Replication appliance when you deploy the appliance. You can change the password after installation by using the virtual appliance management interface (VAMI).
Verify that the vSphere Replication appliance is powered on.
You must have administrator privileges to configure the vSphere Replication appliance.
You updated vCenter Server, the vSphere Client, Site Recovery Manager, and the Site Recovery Manager client to the corresponding 5.5.x update release.
- Connect to the VAMI of the vSphere Replication appliance in a Web browser.
The URL for the VAMI is https://vr-appliance-address:5480.
You can also access the VAMI by clicking Configure VR Appliance in the Summary tab in the vSphere Replication view of the Site Recovery Manager interface.
- Type the root user name and password for the appliance.
You configured the root password during the OVF deployment of the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Click the VR tab and click Security.
- Type the current password in the Current Password text box.
- Type the new password in the New Password and the Confirm New Password text boxes.
The password must be a minimum of eight characters. vSphere Replication does not support blank passwords.
- Click Apply to change the password.