You must upgrade the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in for all vSphere Client instances that you use to manage Site Recovery Manager.
Verify that you upgraded vCenter Server, the Site Recovery Manager Server, and the vSphere Client.
Log in to the machine on which the vSphere Client is installed.
Uninstall the old Site Recovery Manager client plug-in, if it is installed.
- Start the vSphere Client and connect to vCenter Server at either the protected or recovery site.
- Select .
- Under Available Plug-ins, locate VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Extension and click Download and Install.
- Review and accept the certificate.
This step only occurs if you use certificate-based authentication.
- After the download finishes, click Run to start the installation wizard, select the installation language, and click OK.
If you did not uninstall the previous version of the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in, the installer prompts you to do so and stops the installation.
- Click Next to start the installation, then click Next again at the VMware Patents page.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation finishes, click Finish.
If the installation replaced any open files, you are prompted to shut down and restart Windows.
What to do next
Repeat this process for other vSphere Client instances that you use to connect to this Site Recovery Manager site.