You can run the Site Recovery Manager installer in repair mode to repair a Site Recovery Manager Server installation.
About this task
Running the installer in repair mode fixes missing or corrupted files, shortcuts, and registry entries in the Site Recovery Manager Server installation. Running the installer in repair mode also allows you to install vSphere Replication if you did not do so when you installed Site Recovery Manager.
Do not run the Site Recovery Manager installer in repair mode on the protected site and on the recovery site simultaneously.
Verify that you have administrator privileges on the Site Recovery Manager Server or that you are a member of the Administrators group. If you are a member of the Administrators group but you are not an administrator, disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) before you attempt the change operation.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Open Programs and Features from the Windows Control Panel.
- Select the entry for VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager and click Change.
- Click Next.
- Select Repair and click Next.
- (Optional) If you did not install vSphere Replication when you installed Site Recovery Manager, select whether to install it now.
If you already installed vSphere Replication, this option does not appear.
- Click Install to repair the installation and optionally install vSphere Replication.
The installer makes the requested repairs, optionally installs vSphere Replication, and restarts the Site Recovery Manager Server.