Inventory mappings provide default locations and networks for virtual machines to use when Site Recovery Manager creates placeholder virtual machines on the recovery site.
About this task
Unless you intend to configure mappings individually for each member of a protection group, you should configure inventory mappings for a site before you create protection groups.
- Click Sites in the left pane of the Site Recovery Manager interface and select the site for which to configure inventory mappings.
- Select a tab for a type of inventory object to configure.
- Select an inventory object and click Configure Mapping.
- Expand the inventory items and navigate to the resources on the recovery site to which to map the protected site resource.
Select a resource pool, a host, or a cluster on the recovery site. You can also click New Resource Pool to create a resource pool on the host on the recovery site in which to place the recovered virtual machines. You cannot create a new resource pool on a cluster. You can map any type of resource on one site to any type of resource on the other site.Note:
You cannot map individual hosts that are part of clusters to other resource objects.
Select a datacenter or virtual machine folder on the recovery site. You can also click New Folder to create a virtual machine folder on the host on the recovery site in which to place the recovered virtual machines. You cannot create a new folder on a cluster.
Select a network on the recovery site to use to connect the recovered virtual machines.
The selected resource appears in the Recovery Site Resource column. The path to the resource relative to the root of the vCenter Server on the recovery site appears in the Recovery Site Path column.
- Repeat 2 through 4 for all resource types for which to establish mappings.