After you test a recovery plan, you can return the recovery plan to the Ready state by running a cleanup operation. You must complete the cleanup operation before you can run a failover or another test.
Site Recovery Manager performs several cleanup operations after a test.
- Powers off the recovered virtual machines.
- Replaces recovered virtual machines with placeholders, preserving their identity and configuration information.
- Cleans up replicated storage snapshots that the recovered virtual machines used during the test.
Verify that you tested a recovery plan.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select , and select a recovery plan.
- Right-click the recovery plan and select Cleanup. You can also run cleanup from the Recovery Steps tab.
- Review the cleanup information and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- After the cleanup finishes, if it reports errors, run the cleanup again, selecting the Force Cleanup option.
The Force Cleanup option forces the removal of virtual machines, ignoring any errors, and returns the plan to the Ready state. If necessary, run cleanup several times with the Force Cleanup option, until the cleanup succeeds.