You must specify a placeholder datastore for Site Recovery Manager to use to store placeholder virtual machines on the recovery site.
About this task
You must configure a placeholder datastore on both sites in the pair to establish bidirectional protection and reprotect.
Verify that you connected and paired the protected and recovery sites.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click , and select a site.
- On the Manage tab, click Placeholder Datastores.
- Click the icon to configure a placeholder datastore.
- Select a datastore to designate as the location for placeholder virtual machines on the local site, and click OK.
Previously configured datastores appear but you cannot select them. If a datastore is replicated, but Site Recovery Manager does not have an array manager for that datastore, the option to select the replicated datastore might be available. Do not select replicated datastores that Site Recovery Manager does not manage.Important:
If you use vSphere Replication, do not select a placeholder datastore that you already use as the target datastore for replications. Selecting the same datastore for placeholder virtual machines as you use to contain the replica virtual machines that vSphere Replication creates can cause problems when you run reprotect.
- Select the other site in the pair.
- Repeat 2 to 4 to configure a placeholder datastore on the other site.