VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1 | 16 SEP 2016 | Build 2991419 | Download
VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2 | 09 SEP 2014 | Build 1951762 | Release Notes
VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2 Appliance | 09 SEP 2014 | Build 1992027 | Release Notes
VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1 | 16 SEP 2015 | Build 2991419 | Release Notes
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1
- Example Workflows
- Known Issues
The VMware vCenter Orchestrator plug-in for Site Recovery Manager allows Site Recovery Manager administrators to simplify the management of their Site Recovery Manager infrastructure by extending the robust workflow automation platform of Orchestrator. You build these workflows by using the drag-and-drop capability of the workflow editor in the Orchestrator client. Orchestrator uses the plug-in to access the functionality of Site Recovery Manager and the Site Recovery Manager API. The included, pre-built workflows simplify the process to get you started with custom workflow creation.
The Orchestrator plug-in for Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1 release runs with VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5.2.
Note: For interoperability with earlier or later releases of VMware vCenter Orchestrator, see the Compatibility Matrixes for vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8.
The Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager software is distributed as Orchestrator application file. Install and configure the plug-in by using the Orchestrator configuration interface.
After you install the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, the plug-in automatically discovers the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on both sites.
NOTE: Orchestrator uses vCenter Single-Sign On. To use the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, use the vCenter Single Sign-On credentials to log into vSphere Web Client or the Orchestrator client.
After you install the Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager, you find the Site Recovery Manager workflows in the vSphere Web Client:
- Go to vCenter Orchestrator > Workflows view in the vSphere Web Client.
- Expand the hierarchy to navigate to the vCO Servers > vco_server > Library > SRM folder.
Before you can run the Site Recovery Manager workflows, you must first run the Library > SRM > Configuration > Login workflow to log into Site Recovery Manager on the remote site. You must run this workflow once per Orchestrator Client session. The Login workflow logs out of Site Recovery Manager when you log out of the Orchestrator client.
When you access the Orchestrator plug-in for Site Recovery Manager for the first time it creates the
SRM.xml configuration file on the Orchestrator server. If you configured Site Recovery Manager to use API listener ports that are not the default ports, you must update the port settings in the
SRM.xml configuration file before you can use the Orchestrator plug-in for Site Recovery Manager. If you installed Site Recovery Manager with the default ports, you do not need to update
- Log in to the Orchestrator server host machine.
- Browse the inventory of workflows under vCenter Orchestrator > Inventory > SRM. This creates the
- Open the
SRM.xmlconfiguration file in an editor.
You find the SRM.xml configuration file in the following locations:
- Windows host:
- vCenter Orchestrator appliance:
- Windows host:
- Set the listener ports for the local and remote Site Recovery Manager Server instances that you set when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server.
In the following example, Site Recovery Manager uses ports 9007 and 9017.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <SrmExtensions> <SrmExtension id="srm_id"> <localPort>9007</localPort> <remotePort>9017</remotePort> </SrmExtension> <SrmExtension id="srm_id"> <localPort>9007</localPort> <remotePort>9017</remotePort> </SrmExtension> </SrmExtensions>
- Restart the Orchestrator service.
The Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager includes example workflows in Library > SRM > SRM Samples that demonstrate how you can automate Site Recovery Manager operations by using Orchestrator.
- Create VM and Protect It:
- Creates a virtual machine
- Adds the virtual machine to an existing protection group
- Create ABR Group, Protect Existing VMs, Add to Recovery Plan:
- Creates an array-based protection group
- Protects the virtual machines in a given datastore by adding that datastore to the protection group
- Adds the new protection group to an existing recovery plan
- Post Provisioning SRM Configuration for VCAC Workflow
- Determines whether a datastore is included in a Site Recovery Manager protection group when vCloud Automation Center provisions a virtual machine on that datastore.
- If so, configures protection on the virtual machine.
- Determines whether the protection group is included in a recovery plan.
- If so, parses any custom properties associated with the recovery plan to determine whether to customize the recovery settings of the virtual machine.
- Set Recovery Settings from VCAC VM Properties
- Customizes the recovery settings with which to start the recovered virtual machine on the recovery site, based on the vCloud Automation Centre properties for that virtual machine.
No issues are known to occur in the VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1 release.