You can create folders in which to organize protection groups.
About this task
Organizing protection groups into folders is useful if you have many protection groups. You can limit the access to protection groups by placing them in folders and assigning different permissions to the folders for different users or groups. For information about how to assign permissions to folders, see Assign Site Recovery Manager Roles and Permissions.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, click Site Recovery.
- Expand Inventory Trees and click Protection Groups.
- Select the Related Objects tab and click Folders.
- Click the Create Folder icon, enter a name for the folder to create, and click OK.
- Add new or existing protection groups to the folder.
Create a new protection group
Right-click the folder and select Create Protection Group.
Add an existing protection group
Drag and drop protection groups from the inventory tree into the folder.
- (Optional) : To rename or delete a folder, right-click the folder and select Rename Folder or Delete Folder.
You can only delete a folder if it is empty.