You must configure the upgraded components to establish a working Site Recovery Manager installation.
About this task
If you use array-based replication, you must check that your storage replication adapters (SRAs) are compatible with this version of Site Recovery Manager. Depending on the type of storage that you use, you might need to reinstall the SRAs.
If you use vSphere Replication and you upgraded vSphere Replication to the correct version, no additional configuration is required other than verifying your connections, protection groups, and recovery plans.
You upgraded vCenter Server and Site Recovery Manager.
If you use array-based replication, check the availability of an SRA for your type of storage by consulting the VMware Compatibility Guide for Site Recovery Manager at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=sra.
Download the SRA by going to https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads, selecting , then selecting .
If you obtain an SRA from a different vendor site, verify that it has been certified for the Site Recovery Manager release you are using by checking the VMware Compatibility Guide for Site Recovery Manager at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=sra.
Connect to the vSphere Web Client on both of the sites.
- In the vSphere Web Client client, select , right-click a site and select Reconfigure Pairing to reconfigure the connection between the Site Recovery Manager sites.
- If you use array-based replication, select and check the status of the array pairs.
- If array managers are in the Error state, uninstall the SRAs, install the new version, and rescan the SRAs on the Site Recovery Manager Server hosts that you upgraded.
You must perform these tasks on both sites.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Server host machine on each site.
- Uninstall the SRAs that are in the Error state.
- Reinstall the SRAs with the SRA version that corresponds to this version of Site Recovery Manager.
- In the vSphere Web Client client for each site, select , right-click a site and select Rescan SRAs.
- If you use array-based replication, reenter the login credentials for the array managers.
- Select Edit Array Manager. , right-click an array manager and select
- Follow the prompts to the Configure array manager page, and enter the username and password for the array.
- Follow the prompts to complete the reconfiguration of the array manager.
- Select and and verify that your protection groups and recovery plans from the previous version are present.
- In , run a test on each of your recovery plans.