If you uninstall then reinstall the same version of Site Recovery Manager, you must perform certain actions to reconfigure your Site Recovery Manager installation. You must perform these actions even if you retained the database contents when you uninstalled Site Recovery Manager, then connected the new installation to the existing database.
About this task
If you configured advanced settings in the previous installation, these advanced settings are not retained if you uninstall and then reinstall the same version of Site Recovery Manager. This is by design.
- (Optional) If you configured advanced settings in the existing installation, take a note of the advanced settings.
You configure advanced settings in vSphere Web Clientin the
- Uninstall Site Recovery Manager, without deleting its data.
- Reinstall Site Recovery Manager.
During reinstallation, connect Site Recovery Manager to the same vCenter Server instance and the same database as the previous installation.
- Reconfigure the connection between the sites.
- Reconfigure Storage Array Managers (SRAs) to enter the SRA credentials.
- Reconfigure any advanced settings.