If you change advanced recovery settings on a protected virtual machine, you must reconfigure the virtual machine for the settings to take effect.
About this task
You can more efficiently configure recovery settings in a recovery plan if you target a single setting or a single virtual machine. In some cases, you can apply a setting only this way, for example, if you change settings in a disaster recovery or incomplete recovery scenario.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select .
- Select the recovery plan to which the virtual machine belongs.
- On the Related Objects tab, click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click a virtual machine and click Configure Recovery.
- Make the changes you want to the recovery properties settings.
- Click OK.
What to do next
To apply recovery settings to virtual machines in a Protection Group, see Apply Recovery Settings to Virtual Machines in a Protection Group.