During a recovery some virtual machines do not recover and show a timeout error during network customization.
- Verify that VMware Tools is installed on the virtual machine that you are recovering.
- Check the available capacity on the recovery site.
If the recovery site is experiencing heavy resource use, increasing the timeout period for guest customization can resolve the issue.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click , select a site and click .
- Select Recovery and click Edit.
- Increase the recovery.customizationTimeout parameter from the default of 600 seconds.
- Increase the recovery.powerOnTimeout parameter from the default of 300 seconds.
- Run the recovery again.