You can download Site Recovery Manager Server log files in a log bundle that you generate manually. This is useful if you are unable to access the vSphere Client.
About this task
The bundle of logs that these procedures generate is identical to the logs that you generate by using the vSphere Client.
- Initiate the collection of Site Recovery Manager Server log files from the Start menu:
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Select .
- Initiate the collection of Site Recovery Manager Server log files from the Windows command line:
- Start a Windows command shell on the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Change directory to C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\bin.
- Run the following command.
The individual log files are collected in a file named srm-support-MM-DD-YYYY-HH-MM.zip, where MM-DD-YYYY-HH-MM indicates the month, day, year, hour, and minute when the log files were created. The log bundle is saved on the desktop by default.