After you pair the protected site and recovery site, configure their respective array managers so that Site Recovery Manager can discover replicated devices, compute datastore groups, and initiate storage operations.
About this task
You typically configure array managers only once after you connect the sites. You do not need to reconfigure them unless array manager connection information or credentials change, or you want to use a different set of arrays.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click .
- In the Objects tab, click the icon to add an array manager.
- Select from two options:
Add a pair of array managers
Add a single array manager
- Select a site or pair of sites for the array manager and click Next.
- Select the array manager type that you want Site Recovery Manager to use from the SRA Type table and click Next.
If no manager type appears, rescan for SRAs or check that you have installed an SRA on the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Enter a name for the array in the Display Name text box and click Next..
Use a descriptive name that makes it easy for you to identify the storage associated with this array manager.
- Provide the required information for the type of SRA you selected.
For more information about how to fill in these text boxes, see the documentation that your SRA vendor provides. Text boxes vary between SRAs, but common text boxes include IP address, protocol information, mapping between array names and IP addresses, and user name and password.
- If you chose to add a pair of array managers, on the Enable array pairs page, select the the array pair to enable, then click Next.
You can also configure array pairs in the single option mode if the array manager on the peer site is already created.
- Review the configuration and click Finish.
- Repeat steps to configure an array manager for the recovery site, if necessary.