Before you can use Site Recovery Manager, you must connect the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on the protected and recovery sites. This is known as site pairing.
Verify that you installed Site Recovery Manager Server instances at the protected and recovery sites.
If you did not select the default plug-in ID when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server, you must have assigned the same custom plug-in ID to the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on each of the sites.
- Connect to vSphere Web Client on one of the sites, and select .
- Right-click a site and select Pair Site.
- Enter the address of the Platform Services Controller for the Site Recovery Manager Server on the remote site, and click Next.
The address that you provide for the Platform Services Controller must be an exact match of the of address that you provided when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server on the remote site.Important:
To facilitate IP address changes in your infrastructure, provide a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) whenever possible, rather than an IP address.
- Select the vCenter Server instance with which Site Recovery Manager Server is registered on the remote site, provide the vCenter Single Sign-On username and password, and click Finish.
- If prompted, verify each of the certificates from the local Platform Services Controller and vCenter Server, and the Platform Services Controller, vCenter Server, and Site Recovery Manager Server on the remote site, and click Yes to accept them.
The protected and recovery sites are connected. The remote site appears under Sites in the Site Recovery Manager interface.