You tested the recovery plan with a test workflow. The next step is to run a cleanup workflow to return the recovery plan to the Ready state. You must complete the cleanup operation before you can run a failover or another test.
Before you begin
Connect to Recovery Site B by using the Orchestrator client.
Verify that you ran the Login Remote Site workflow for the current Orchestrator client session.
Verify that you tested the recovery plan. See User Scenario: Test a Recovery Plan.
Verify that the recovery plan is in the Test complete or in the needsCleanup state. You can check the state of your recovery plan by running the Get Recovery State workflow or by using the Site Recovery Manager interface. For information about the states of recovery plans, see the Recovery Plan Status Reference topic in the Site Recovery Manager documentation center and the RecoveryPlanGetInfo section in Site Recovery Manager API Developer's Guide documentation.
About this task
In this scenario you run the Initiate Cleanup Recovery Plan workflow for the YourCo RP recovery plan.
You run the current workflow on Recovery Site B.
You can observe the progress of the recovery process in your Site Recovery Manager interface. To get a detailed record of the cleanup process, you can use the Site Recovery Manager interface to generate a report.
- Log in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator and select Design or Run from the drop-down menu in the left upper corner.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client left pane.
- Select .
- Run the Initiate Cleanup Recovery Plan workflow.
- Right-click the workflow and select Start workflow.
- Under Plan setting click Not set and select the YourCo RP recovery plan on Recovery Site B to run.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
Run an Initiate Failover Recovery Plan workflow. See User Scenario: Run a Recovery Plan.