You set the recovery priority setting of the virtual machines. The next step is to test the recovery plan. Testing the recovery plan ensures that the virtual machines in the plan recover correctly to the recovery site.
Before you begin
Connect to Recovery Site B by using the Orchestrator client.
Verify that you ran the Login Remote Site workflow for the current Orchestrator client session.
Configure the virtual machines recovery settings. See User Scenario: Set Virtual Machine Recovery Settings.
Verify that the recovery plan is in the Ready state. You can check the state of your recovery plan by running the Get Recovery State workflow or by using the Site Recovery Manager interface. For information about the states of recovery plans, see the Recovery Plan Status Reference topic in the Site Recovery Manager documentation center and the RecoveryPlanGetInfo section in Site Recovery Manager API Developer's Guide documentation.
About this task
In this scenario you test the YourCo RP recovery plan. The virtual machines on Protected Site A stay powered on.
You run the current workflow on Recovery Site B.
You can observe the progress of the recovery process in your Site Recovery Manager interface. To get a detailed record of the recovery process, you can use the Site Recovery Manager interface to generate a report.
- Log in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator and select Design or Run from the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client left pane.
- Select .
- Run the Initiate Test Recovery Plan workflow.
- Right-click the workflow and select Start workflow.
- Under Plan setting, click Not set and select the YourCo RP recovery plan on Recovery Site B to run.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
Run an Initiate Cleanup Recovery Plan workflow. See User Scenario: Clean up a Recovery Plan.