You can use the VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.1 Configuration Import/Export Tool to export and import configuration data.
If you plan to migrate Site Recovery Manager to a different host, you can use the tool to export inventory mappings, recovery plans, protection groups, and the related objects into an XML file. You can then import the configuration data from the previously exported file.
Prerequisites for Using the Configuration Tool
- You must have Java 1.8.x or later installed on the Windows host machine.
- The JAVA_HOME environment variable must be properly configured. For example, JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_152.
Prerequisites for Exporting and Importing Site Recovery Manager Configuration Data
- Before you can export a configuration, you must have a site pair with Site Recovery Manager 8.1.x up and running on both the protected and the recovery site.
- Import is supported in a clean Site Recovery Manager 8.1.x installation, registered to the same vCenter Server instance or to a vCenter Server instance which contains the same inventory.
Input Parameters Required for Import
- Lookup Service host name. The host name of the Platform Services Controller or the vCenter Server host name, if you are using vCenter Server with an Embedded Platform Services Controller.
- vCenter Single Sign-On administrator user name and password for both sites.
- Network Mappings
- IP customization rules
- Folder Mappings
- Resource Mappings
- Storage Policy Mappings
- Placeholder Datastores
- Site Recovery Manager Advanced Settings
- Array Managers with SRA information
- Protection Group Folders
- Protection Groups
- VM Protection Properties
- Recovery Plan Folders
- Recovery Plans
- Recovery Steps Callouts
- VM Recovery Properties
- Priority groupings of VMs
- VM dependencies
- Shutdown Actions
- Startup Actions
- IP customization settings