In a shared recovery site configuration, you connect the Site Recovery Manager sites in the same way as for a standard one-to-one configuration.
If you start the site connection from one of the protected sites, Site Recovery Manager uses the Site Recovery Manager ID that you set during installation to connect to the corresponding Site Recovery Manager Server instance on the recovery site.
- You installed Site Recovery Manager Server on one or more protected sites.
- You installed one or more Site Recovery Manager Server instances on a shared recovery site.
- You assigned the same Site Recovery Manager extension ID to a Site Recovery Manager Server instance on a protected site and to a Site Recovery Manager Server instance on the shared recovery site.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- Click the New Site Pair button.
- Select the first site from the list. Enter the address of the Platform Services Controller for the Site Recovery Manager Server on the second site, provide the user name and password, and click Next.
The address that you provide for the Platform Services Controller must be an exact match of the of address that you provided when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server on the recovery site.Important: To facilitate IP address changes in your infrastructure, provide a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) whenever possible, rather than an IP address.
- Select the vCenter Server and the services you want to pair, and click Next.
If several Site Recovery Manager Server instances are registered with this vCenter Server instance, Site Recovery Manager connects to the Site Recovery Manager Server instance that has the corresponding Site Recovery Manager ID.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the pairing settings, and click Finish.
- Repeat Step 1 to Step 4 to configure the site pairing for all of the sites that use the shared recovery site.