If your ESXi host uses SCSI-based transport to communicate with protocol endpoints representing a storage array, you can modify default multipathing policies assigned to protocol endpoints. Use the Edit Multipathing Policies dialog box to change a path selection policy.
- Navigate to the host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Protocol Endpoints.
- Select the protocol endpoint whose path you want to change and click the Properties tab.
- Under Multipathing Policies, click Edit Multipathing.
- Select a path policy and configure its settings. Your options change depending on the type of storage device you use.
The path policies available for your selection depend on the storage vendor support.
- For information about path policies for SCSI devices, see Path Selection Plug-Ins and Policies.
- For information about path mechanisms for NVMe devices, see VMware High Performance Plug-In and Path Selection Schemes.
- To save your settings and exit the dialog box, click OK.