Site Recovery Manager Server requires a license key to operate. Install a Site Recovery Manager license key as soon as possible after you install Site Recovery Manager.
Site Recovery Manager uses the vSphere licensing infrastructure for license management. Ensure that you have sufficient vSphere licenses for Site Recovery Manager to protect and recover virtual machines on both sites.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- Click .
- Expand Licensing and click Licenses.
- On the Assests tab, click the Solutions tab.
- Select the vCenter Server instance on which Site Recovery Manager is installed.
- Click Assign License.
- In the Assign License dialog box, click New License tab.
- In the Assign License dialog box, type or copy and paste a license key and click OK.
- Enter a name for the new license and click OK.
Details about the product, product features, capacity, and expiration period appear on the page.
- Click OK.
- In the Assign License dialog box, select the newly created license, and click OK.
- Repeat the steps to assign Site Recovery Manager license keys to all appropriate vCenter Server instances.