After you test a recovery plan, you can return the recovery plan to the Ready state by running a cleanup operation. You must finish the cleanup operation before you can run a failover or another test.
Site Recovery Manager performs several cleanup operations after a test.
- Powers off the recovered virtual machines.
- Replaces recovered virtual machines with placeholders, preserving their identity and configuration information.
- Cleans up replicated storage snapshots that the recovered virtual machines used during the test.
Verify that you tested a recovery plan.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Click the Recovery Plans tab, right-click a recovery plan, and select Cleanup.
You can also run a test by clicking the Cleanup icon in the Recovery Steps view of the recovery plan.
- Review the cleanup information and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- (Optional) If the cleanup finishes with errors, select the Force Cleanup check box to ignore errors during the cleanup operation, and run the cleanup again. If necessary, run cleanup several times, until it finishes without errors.