You can disable the recovery of a consistency group in a storage policy protection group without removing it from the protection group.
If a consistency group is causing errors when you run a recovery plan of an SPPG, you can disable the recovery of the consistency group. You must repeat the procedure for each individual consistency group.
- The consistency group does not appear on the recovery site.
- The consistency group appears on the recovery site but is empty.
- The consistency group appears on the recovery site but all virtual machines in the group have errors.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Select the Protection Groups tab, click a storage policy protection group, and select the Consistency Groups tab.
- Select a consistency group and click the Disable Recovery button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Next time you run the recovery plan, the consistency group is skipped for recovery.
What to do next
Run the recovery plan again. See Run a Recovery Plan.