During a recovery some virtual machines do not recover and show a timeout error during network customization.
During recovery some virtual machines do not recover within the default timeout period of 120 seconds.
This problem can occur for one of the following reasons.
- The VMware Tools package is not installed on the virtual machine that you are recovering.
- The cluster on the recovery site is experiencing heavy resource use while trying to simultaneously recover multiple virtual machines. In this case you can increase certain timeout settings to allow more time for tasks to complete. See Change Recovery Settings.
- Verify that VMware Tools is installed on the virtual machine that you are recovering.
- Check the available capacity on the recovery site.
If the recovery site is experiencing heavy resource use, increasing the timeout period for guest customization can resolve the issue.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair and click View Details.
- In the left pane, click .
- Select a site, and click Edit to modify the recovery site settings.
- Increase the recovery.customizationTimeout parameter from the default of 600 seconds.
- Increase the recovery.powerOnTimeout parameter from the default of 300 seconds.
- Run the recovery again.