You can change the size, number, and location of Site Recovery Manager Server log files.
You can modify the Site Recovery Manager log settings in the vmware-dr.xml configuration file on the Site Recovery Manager Server.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Open the vmware-dr.xml file in a text editor.
The vmware-dr.xml file is located in the /opt/vmware/srm/conf/ directory.
- Find the
<log>section in the vmware-dr.xml file.
- Set the maximum size in bytes of the logs to retain.
You set the maximum log size by adding a
<maxFileSize>section to the
<log>section. The default is 10485760 bytes.
<log> <maxFileSize>10485760</maxFileSize> </log>
- Set the maximum number of log files to retain.
You set the maximum number of logs by adding a
<maxFileNum>section to the
<log>section. The default is 20 log files.
<log> <maxFileNum>20</maxFileNum> </log>
- (Optional) Change the location on the Site Recovery Manager Server in which to store the log files by modifying the
<directory>section in the
<log>section.Note: If you change the location of the log files, you must verify that your Site Recovery Manager user account has the necessary permissions to write in the new directory.The default location of the log files is /var/log/vmware/srm.
- Change the default prefix for log files.
You change the default prefix by modifying the
<name>section in the
<log> <name>vmware-dr</name> </log>
- Change the logging level.
You change the logging level by modifying the
<level>section in the
<log>section. The possible logging levels are error, warning, info, verbose, and trivia. If you set the level to trivia, you see a noticeable negative effect on performance.
<log> <level>info</level> </log>
- (Optional) Set the level of logging for Site Recovery Manager Server components.
You can set specific logging levels for components by modifying the appropriate
<level>sections. For example, you can set the logging level for the recovery component to trivia.
<level id="Recovery"> <logName>Recovery</logName> <logLevel>trivia</logLevel> </level>
- (Optional) Set the level of logging for storage replication adapters.
Setting the Site Recovery Manager logging level does not set the logging level for SRAs. You change the SRA logging level by adding a
<level id="SraCommand">section to vmware-dr.xml to set the SRA logging level.
<level id="SraCommand"> <logName>SraCommand</logName> <logLevel>trivia</logLevel> </level>
- Restart the Site Recovery Manager Server service for changes to take effect.