You can modify the default values that the Site Recovery Manager Server at the protected site uses to determine whether the Site Recovery Manager Server at the remote site is available.
Site Recovery Manager monitors the connection between the protected site and the recovery site and raises alarms if the connection breaks. You can change the criteria that cause Site Recovery Manager to raise a connection event and change the way that Site Recovery Manager raises alarms.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- In the left pane, click .
- Select a site and click Edit to modify the settings.
Option Action Change the number of failed pings before raising a site down event. The default value is 5. Enter a new value in the remoteSiteStatus.drPanicDelay text box. Change the number of remote site status checks (pings) to try before declaring the check a failure. The default value is 2. Enter a new value in the remoteSiteStatus.drPingFailedDelay text box.
- To save your changes, click OK.