With vSphere Replication, you can configure Site Recovery Manager to recover a number of point-in-time (PIT) snapshots of a virtual machine when you run a recovery plan.
- Configure Site Recovery Manager to retain older PIT snapshots by setting the value of the vrReplication.preserveMpitImagesAsSnapshots option in Advanced Settings to
true. For more information, see Change vSphere Replication Settings and Replicating a Virtual Machine and Enabling Multiple Point in Time Instances.
- Configure replication of the virtual machine with vSphere Replication.
- Add the virtual machine to a vSphere Replication protection group and include the protection group in a recovery plan.
- Run the recovery plan.
When the recovery plan is finished, the virtual machine is recovered to the recovery site, with the number of PIT snapshots that you configured.
- In the VMs and Templates view, right-click the recovered virtual machine and select .
- Select one of the PIT snapshots of this virtual machine and click Revert To.
The recovered virtual machine reverts to the PIT snapshot that you selected.
- (Optional) If you have configured the virtual machine for IP customization, and if you select an older PIT snapshot, manually configure the IP settings on the recovered virtual machine.