After you pair the protected site and recovery site, configure their respective array managers so that Site Recovery Manager can discover replicated devices, compute datastore groups, and initiate storage operations.
You typically configure array managers only once after you connect the sites. You do not need to reconfigure them unless array manager connection information or credentials change, or you want to use a different set of arrays.
- Connect the sites as described in Connect the Protected and Recovery Sites in Site Recovery Manager Installation and Configuration.
- Install SRAs at both sites as described in Add Storage Replication Adapters to the Site Recovery Manager Appliance.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- On the Site Pair tab, click .
- Click the Add button to add an array manager.
- Select the storage replication adapter that you want Site Recovery Manager to use and click Next.
If no manager type appears, rescan for SRAs or check that you have installed an SRA on the Site Recovery Manager Server host.
- Enter a name for the local array manager, provide the required information for the type of SRA you selected, and click Next.
Use a descriptive name that makes it easy for you to identify the storage associated with this array manager.For more information about how to fill in the text boxes, see the documentation that your SRA vendor provides. Text boxes vary between SRAs, but common text boxes include IP address, protocol information, mapping between array names and IP addresses, and user name and password.
- (Optional) If you do not want to create an array pair, select the Do not create a remote array manager now check box and click Finish.
- Enter a name for the remote array manager, provide the required information for the type of SRA you selected, and click Next.
- On the Array pairs page, select the array pair to enable, then click Next.
- Review the configuration and click Finish.