If you no longer require Site Recovery Manager, you must follow the correct procedure to cleanly unregister Site Recovery Manager.
Deploying Site Recovery Manager, creating inventory mappings, protecting virtual machines by creating protection groups, and creating and running recovery plans makes significant changes on both Site Recovery Manager sites. Before you unregister Site Recovery Manager, you must remove all Site Recovery Manager configurations from both sites in the correct order. If you do not remove all configurations before unregistering Site Recovery Manager, some Site Recovery Manager components, such as placeholder virtual machines, might remain in your infrastructure.
If you use Site Recovery Manager with vSphere Replication, you can continue to use vSphere Replication after you unregister Site Recovery Manager.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Select the Recovery Plans tab, right-click on a recovery plan and select Delete.
You cannot delete recovery plans that are running.
- Select the Protection Groups tab, click a protection group, and select the Virtual Machines tab.
- Highlight all virtual machines, right-click, and select Remove Protection.
Removing protection from a virtual machine deletes the placeholder virtual machine from the recovery site. Repeat this operation for all protection groups.
- In the Protection Groups tab, right-click a protection group and select Delete .
You cannot delete a protection group that is included in a recovery plan. You cannot delete vSphere Replication protection groups that contain virtual machines on which protection is still configured.
, and remove all inventory mappings.
- Click each of the Network Mappings, Folder Mappings, and Resource Mappings tabs.
- In each tab, select a site, right-click a mapping, and select Delete.
- For both sites, click Placeholder Datastores, right-click the placeholder datastore, and select Remove.
- (Optional) If you use array-based replication, select
, and remove all array pairs.
- Select an array pair, click Array Pair, and click Disable.
- Click Array Manager Pair and click Remove.
- Select Break Site Pair.
, and click Breaking the site pairing removes all information related to registering Site Recovery Manager with Site Recovery Manager, vCenter Server, and the Platform Services Controller on the remote site.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Appliance Management Interface as admin.
- Click Summary, and click Unregister.
- Provide the required credentials, review the information, and click Unregister.
Important: Unregistering the Site Recovery Manager Appliance deletes the embedded database. This process cannot be reversed.
- Repeat the procedure on the other site.