Before you can use Site Recovery Manager, you must connect the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on the protected and recovery sites. This is known as site pairing.
- Verify that you installed Site Recovery Manager Server instances at the protected and recovery sites.
- If you did not select the default plug-in ID when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server, you must have assigned the same custom plug-in ID to the Site Recovery Manager Server instances on each of the sites.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- Click the New Site Pair button.
- Select a local vCenter Server from the list, select a pair type, and click Next.
- Pair with a peer vCenter Server located in a different Single Sign-On domain
- Pair with a peer vCenter Server located in the same Single Sign-On domain
- Enter the address of the Platform Services Controller for the Site Recovery Manager Server on the second site, provide the user name and password, and click Find vCenter Server Instances.
The address that you provide for the Platform Services Controller must be an exact match of the of address that you provided when you installed Site Recovery Manager Server on the recovery site.Important: To facilitate IP address changes in your infrastructure, provide a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) whenever possible, rather than an IP address.
- Select the vCenter Server and the services you want to pair, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your settings selection, and click Finish.
The protected and the recovery sites are connected. The pair appears under Site Pairs on the Site Recovery Home tab.