You can use a properties file to simplify or automate the import of Site Recovery Manager configuration data from an XML file.
- Provide a clean Site Recovery Manager installation, registered with the same vCenter Server instance or with a vCenter Server instance with the same inventory as the exported.
- Verify that you have Java 1.8.x or later installed and environment variables configured on the Site Recovery Manager host virtual machine.
- Verify that you have prepared an srm_configuration.properties file.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager virtual appliance host virtual machine.
- Navigate to /opt/vmware/impex, and run the following command.
java -jar import-export.jar --importProperties=Path_to_properties_file --path Path_to_exported_XML_file