Site Recovery Manager Server requires a license key to operate. Install a Site Recovery Manager license key as soon as possible after you install Site Recovery Manager.
Site Recovery Manager uses the vSphere licensing infrastructure for license management. Ensure that you have sufficient vSphere licenses for Site Recovery Manager to protect and recover virtual machines on both sites.
- Connect vSphere Web Client to a vCenter Server instance on which Site Recovery Manager is installed.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home tab, click Licensing.
- Click the plus sign on the Licenses tab.
- Enter the Site Recovery Manager license key in the License Keys text box and click Next.
- Update the license name, review the details of the license, and click Finish.
- Click the Assets tab and click Solutions.
- Right-click the Site Recovery Manager site and select Assign License.
- Select the license from the list of available licenses, and click OK.
- Repeat step 1 through Step 8 to assign Site Recovery Manager license keys to all appropriate vCenter Server instances.