You can use a top-level recovery step in the recovery plan to export configuration data from the Site Recovery Manager appliance.
- Verify that you are using the Site Recovery Manager virtual appliance.
- Ensure that you have a working Site Recovery Manager pair.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- On the Recovery Plans tab, select a recovery plan, and click Recovery Steps.
- Use the View drop-down menu and select Recovery Steps.
- Select where to add the step.
- To add a step before a step, right-click the step, and select Add Step Before.
- To add a step after the last step, right-click the last step, and select Add Step After.
- Select Command on SRM Server.
- In the Name text box, enter a name for the step.
The step name appears in the list of steps in the Recovery Steps view.
- Enter the following command in the Content text box. /usr/bin/sudo /bin/bash /opt/vmware/impex/bin/export.sh
- (Optional) Modify the Timeout setting for the command to run on Site Recovery Manager Server.
- Click Add to add the step to the recovery plan.
When you run the recovery plan, the VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.4 Configuration Import/Export Tool exports the configuration data on the recovery site. The default location for the exported configuration data is /opt/vmware/impex/exports. You can change the location by modifying the export script, see Modify the Export Script of the VMware Site Recovery Manager 8.4 Configuration Import/Export Tool.