You reconfigure the Site Recovery Manager virtual appliance settings by using the Site Recovery Manager Virtual Appliance Management Interface.
Deploying the Site Recovery Manager Server binds the instance to a number of values that you supply, including the vCenter Server instance to extend, DSN and credentials, the certificate, and so on. You can change some of the values from the Site Recovery Manager Virtual Appliance Management Interface.
- Log in to the Site Recovery Manager Appliance Management Interface as admin.
- Click Summary, and click Reconfigure.
- On the Platform Services Controller page, enter the information about the site where you deployed the Site Recovery Manager Appliance.
Menu Item Description PSC host name
Enter the host name (in lowercase letters) or IP address of the Platform Services Controller for the vCenter Server with which to register Site Recovery Manager.
Accept the default value of
443, or enter a new value if Platform Services Controller uses a different port.
Platform Services Controller only supports connections over HTTPS.
Enter the vCenter Single Sign-On user name for the vCenter Single Sign-On domain to which this Platform Services Controller instance belongs. This user account must be a member of the vCenter Single Sign-On administrator group on the Platform Services Controller instance.
The password for the specified vCenter Single Sign-On user name.
- If prompted, click Connect to verify the Platform Services Controller certificate.
- On the vCenter Server page, click Next.
After the initial configuration of the Site Recovery Manager Appliance, you cannot select a different vCenter Server instance.
- On the Name and Extension page, enter the site name, administrator email address, and local host IP address or name, to register the Site Recovery Manager with vCenter Server.
Menu Item Description Site name A name for this Site Recovery Manager site, which appears in the Site Recovery Manager interface. The vCenter Server address is used by default. Use a different name for each Site Recovery Manager instance in the pair. Administrator email The email address of the Site Recovery Manager administrator. This information is required even though you use the standard vCenter Server alarms to configure email notifications for Site Recovery Manager events. Local host The name or IP address of the local host. Only change the value if the IP address is not the one that you want to use. For example, the local host might have more than one network interface, and the one that the Site Recovery Manager Appliance detects is not the interface that you want to use.Note: To facilitate IP address changes in your infrastructure, provide a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) whenever possible, rather than an IP address.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review your settings and click Finish.
- To configure the Site Recovery Manager Appliance on the other site, repeat the procedure.
What to do next
When the modification operation is finished and the Site Recovery Manager Server restarts, log in to the vSphere Web Client or the vSphere Client to check the connection between the sites. If the connection is broken, or if you changed the Platform Services Controller address, reconfigure the site pairing. For instructions about how to reconfigure the site pairing, see Reconfigure the Connection Between Sites.