You can configure the mappings for the virtual machines in an array-based, Virtual Volumes, or vSphere Replication protection group individually. This way, you can use different resources on the recovery site for different virtual machines.
You can configure individual inventory mappings on virtual machines in an array-based, Virtual Volumes, or vSphere Replication protection group even if you configured site-wide inventory mappings. In such a case, you can remove protection from an individual virtual machine and configure the folder and resource mappings to override the site-wide mappings. You can change the network mapping for an individual virtual machine without removing protection.
You cannot specify placeholder datastores for individual virtual machines. You must map datastores on the protected site to placeholder datastores on the recovery site at the site level. To configure a placeholder datastore, see Select a Placeholder Datastore.
You created an array-based, Virtual Volumes, or vSphere Replication protection group.
- In the vSphere Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Click the Protection Groups tab, and click the protection group that includes the virtual machine to configure.
- In the right pane, click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Configure Protection.
- Configure inventory mappings by expanding the resources, selecting the Override site mappings check box, and selecting resources on the recovery site. Click OK.
You can only change the folder, resource pool, and network mappings.
- Monitor the status of the virtual machines. If Site Recovery Manager was unable to apply some or all the inventory mappings, or if it was unable to create placeholders for virtual machines, you can perform remedial actions.
Status Action OK No action required Not Configured or Mapping Missing Click Configure Protection again and check the inventory mappings. Placeholder VM creation error Check the placeholder datastore mapping at the site level, right-click the virtual machine, and click Recreate Placeholder.