These are release notes for Tanzu Cloud Service Broker for GCP.
Release Date: August 2, 2022
New features and changes in this release:
- Terraform version update: Terraform is now v1.2.4. All previous instances can be upgraded to this version. Upgrades are only supported for Terraform v0.12.0 and later.
- New upgrade-all-instances task: The operator can choose if they want to upgrade all instances to the latest version of the brokerpak while deploying the broker. By default all instances are upgraded. Update, bind, unbind, and delete operations on an instance are blocked if an upgrade is available and has not been applied yet.
- Flexible region property: Previously, the brokerpak specified regions that can be used with each service and, as the supported regions in the IaaS changed, a tile upgrade was required to enable those. As of this version, any supported IaaS region for the specific service works.
This release has the following fixes:
- Data loss prevention:
- Added additional checks to prevent service instance recreation during an update.
region cannot be updated in BigQuery and Storage services anymore because it causes the recreation of the service instance and loss of data.
- Service instance deletion: Fixed an issue that caused a service instance deletion request to fail if the instance was still in
Create in progress state.
- Redis and Dataproc updates no longer cause instance recreation: Default IaaS instance names set by the brokerpak now rely on the request instance ID. It was previously relying on a timestamp and this was causing updates to update the name and therefore to destroy the instance.
There are no known issues for this release.
View Release Notes for Another Version
To view the release notes for another product version, select the version from drop-down menu at the top of this page.