Uhana by VMware software platform provides insights into mobile network use by ingesting live data streams and offline data.
Uhana by VMware uses three main dashboard pages that display your key performance indicators (KPI) quickly and easily.
Using the map view of your wireless network, operators can navigate to any node cluster within the wireless radio access network (RAN) to view fine-grained details on subscriber activity in the cluster all the way down to a specific cell.
Dashboards and charts
The Uhana by VMware dashboard can visualize your RAN network in dashboard views and charts. It contains
- A navigation menu bar
- Three main user function pages: Explore, Filter, and Focus
- System health and configuration menu items
In the Uhana by VMware dashboard you can view various maps using the Explore, Filter, and Focus menus.
For information about using the dashboard maps, see View map detail.
To navigate to a node cluster or cluster of nodes within the wireless RAN and view details on subscriber KPIs in that particular cluster, you use the Explore page.
In Explore you can
- Create KPIs
- View performance in the network
- Fix problems in your map view manually
- Correlate why throughput looks bad by looking at active users and user throughput
For more details on the Explore menu, see Exploring data using dashboard maps.
To view data based on selected KPIs and threshold settings you set, use the Filter page.
In Filter you can
- View cell, sector, composed KPIs, interference, QCI, and distribution KPIs for a selected network element
- View network feed health for a selected network element
To identify where problems exist, how long these problems will last, and the number of users affected, use the Focus page. This page is also referred to as the alerts pipeline.
In the Focus page you can
- Navigate to view specific cells
- View an alert summary on number of alerts, affected entities, impacted sessions, and percent impacted
- View a list containing alert IDs, symptoms, event duration, affected entities, session details, and root causes
- Take action on alerts using visibility or insights data
- View specific alerts KPI charts for specific network elements
- View insights such as root cause and recommended fix on specific alerts
Configure system management
As an admin user, you can configure and view the overall health of your network using the System pages. As an operator, you can view the overall health details configured by the admin, but not configure them.
Administrators can configure or manage
- Feed Distribution for the entire network, specific map elements, an event list you define, or you can upload a file
- Feed Health data to determine if the platform is receiving data for a specific cell or group of cells and what quality of data transmission is present
- Custom KPIs and associated charts for dashboard inclusion
- KPI processing data including XML files generated, eNodeBs, cells, or cell pairs generated or skipped
- Custom presets to include specific categories such as cells, nodes, device types, IMSI blocks that you frequently use
You can configure and manage users and QCI labels in the Admin menu. You can use QCI labels to assign more meaningful names for specific QCIs. For example, changing the QCI1 label to display the label as VoLTE.
Uhana by VMware software menu
You can access
- Version information
- OpenAPI specification
- API Token information