You can configure the security protocols and cryptographic algorithms that are used to encrypt communications between clients and the Access Point appliance from the admin configuration pages.
The Access Point admin user interface URL is in the format
https://<mycoAccessPointappliance.com>:9443/admin/index.html. To log in, enter the administrator user name and password you configured when you deployed the OVF.
- Review the Access Point Deployment Properties. The following settings information is required
- Static IP address for the Access Point appliance
- IP Address of the DNS server
- Password for the administration console
- URL of the server instance or load balancer that the Access Point appliance points to
- Syslog server URL to save the event log files
- In the admin UI Configure Manual section, click Select.
- In the Advanced Settings section, click the System Configuration gearbox icon.
- Edit the following Access Point appliance configuration values.
Option Default Value and Description Locale
Specifies the locale to use when generating error messages.
- en_US for English
- ja_JP for Japanese
- fr_FR for French
- de_DE for German
- zh_CN for Simplified Chinese
- zh_TW for Traditional Chinese
- ko_KR for Korean
Admin Password This password was set when you deployed the appliance. You can reset it.
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter, one digit, and one special character, which includes ! @ # $ % * ( ).
Cipher Suites Most cases, the default settings do not need to be changed. This is the cryptographic algorithms that are used to encrypt communications between clients and the Access Point appliance. Cipher settings are used for enabling various security protocols. Honor Cipher Order Default is NO. Select YES to enable TLS cipher list order control. SSL 3.0 Enabled Default is NO. Select YES to enable SSL 3.0 security protocol. TLS 1.0 Enabled Default is NO. Select YES to enable TLS 1.0 security protocol. TLS 1.1 Enabled Default is YES. The TLS 1.1 security protocol is enabled. TLS 1.2 Enabled Default is YES. The TLS 1.2 security protocol is enabled. Syslog URL Enter the Syslog server URL that is used for logging Access Point events. This value can be a URL or a host name or IP address. If you do not set the syslog server URL, no events are logged. Enter as
Health Check URL Enter a URL that the load balancer connects to and checks the health of Access Point. Cookies to be Cached The set of cookies that Access Point caches. The default is none. IP Mode Select the static IP mode, either STATICV4 OR STATICV6. Session Timeout Default value is 36000000 milliseconds. Quiesce Mode Enable YES to pause the Access Point appliance to achieve a consistent state to perform maintenance tasks Monitor Interval Default value is 60.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Configure the edge service settings for the components that Access Point is deployed with. After the edge settings are configured, configure the authentication settings.