PowerShell scripts prepare you environment with all the configuration settings. When you run the PowerShell script to deploy Unified Access Gateway, the solution is ready for production on first system boot.
Verify that the system requirements are appropriate and available for use.
This is a sample script to deploy Unified Access Gateway in your environment.
- Download the Unified Access Gateway OVA from My VMware to your Windows machine.
- Download the ap-deploy-XXX.zip files into a folder on the Windows machine.
The zip files are available at https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-30835.
- Open a PowerShell script and modify the directory to the location of your script.
- Create an .INI configuration file for the Unified Access Gateway virtual appliance.
For example: Deploy a new Unified Access Gateway appliance AP1. The configuration file is named ap1.ini. This file contains all the configuration settings for AP1. You can use the sample .INI files in the apdeploy .ZIP file to create the .INI file and modify the settings appropriately.Note:
You can have unique .INI files for multiple Unified Access Gateway deployments in your environment. You must change the IP Addresses and the name parameters in the .INI file appropriately to deploy multiple appliances.
Example of the .INI File to modify.
name=AP1 source=C:\APs\euc-access-point-188.8.131.52-000000000_OVF10.ova target=vi://email@example.com:PASSWORD@192.168.0.21/Datacenter1/host/esx1.myco.int ds=Local Disk 1 netInternet=VM Network netManagementNetwork=VM Network netBackendNetwork=VM Network [Horizon/WebReverseProxy/AirwatchTunnel] proxyDestinationUrl=https://192.168.0.209 # For IPv4, proxydestinationURL=https://192.168.0.209 # For IPv6, proxyDEstinationUrl=[fc00:10:112:54::220]
- To make sure that the script execution is successful, type the PowerShell
set-executionpolicy -scope currentuser unrestricted
You must run this command once and only if it is currently restricted.
If there is a warning for the script, run the command to unblock the warning:
unblock-file -path .\apdeploy.ps1
- Run the command to start the deployment. If you do not specify the .INI file, the script defaults to ap.ini.
.\apdeploy.ps1 -iniFile ap1.ini
- Enter the credentials when prompted and complete the script.
If you are prompted to add the fingerprint for the target machine, enter yes.
Unified Access Gateway appliance is deployed and available for production.
For more information on PowerShell scripts, see https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-30835.