Deactivate (OS shutdown) is a Non-Forced operation that causes a graceful shut down of the SAP system and also the operating system. It deactivates the virtual host. Deactivate (Power Off) is a Non-Forced operation that causes a graceful shut down of the SAP system and disconnects the virtual systems from the power supply.
- Find the SAP system virtual machine by clicking on VLA Adapter instance name and further in its hierarchy.
- Click on the Operations for the selected SAP system virtual machine.
- Select Deactivate (OS Shutdown) or Deactivate (Power Off) from the dropdown list.
- In the pop-up window click on the Execute button.
- The host will be marked as locked until the end of the operation.