The VMware Adapter for SAP Landscape Management receives LaMa commands and forwards them to the VLA for execution. Therefore, an adapter instance must be connected to the VLA server. Once the connection is established, LaMa manages the hosts and instances that reside on the SDDC.
- Login to LaMa web user interface with credentials that have administrator rights.
- Click Infrastructure and click Virtualization managers.
The browser displays a page similar to the following:
- Click Add.
The browser displays a Wizard to configure a new Virtualization Manager, starting with the Virtualization Manager Types page similar to the following:
- Select the entry (highlighted above for emphasis) with VMware Adapter for SAP Landscape Management in the Product column and version of the VLA Adapter you deployed in the version column and then click Next.
The browser displays the Virtualization Manager Properties page similar to the following:
- Enter a name for this instance of the VLA Adapter in the Label field.
- Enter the User Name and Password of the VLA user.
- Enter the URL for the VLA. This should be https://<vla_hostname_or_IP>:8443/, where
<hostname_or_IP_address>is the FQDN or IP address of VLA.
- Enter a Monitoring Interval between 30 and 60 seconds. This is, how often the adapter gathers inventory updates from the VLA.
- There are four Additional Properties:
- Connection pool size sets the maximum connection between the adapter and the VLA.
- Timeout sets the timeout duration (in seconds) between the adapter and the VLA
- A checkbox for Certificate Authority Selection. Select this if the VLA contains a self-signed certificate or a certificate that is generated by a corporate certificate authority.
- Originator ID — Unique ID used for transaction logging. This ID is a string and will identify this instance of the adapter in the system logs. We recommend you use LaMa-001 for the first instance in your enterprise, LaMa-002 for your second, etc.
- After all properties are entered, click Test Configuration. If the test succeeds, the configuration is correct (the VLA Adapter was able to communicate with the VLA Appliance)
The browser displays Connection Successful in the status bar.
- Click Next.
The browser displays the Summary step of the wizard, similar to the following:
- Click Save.
This saves the configuration of the adapter.