About this task
If VMware Identity Manager is configured in the AirWatch Organization Group from which you downloaded the installer, you do not need to generate the activation code. If you are activating the connector from the installer, the activation code is pre-populated in the Activation Code field. Continue with the installer.
(SaaS environments) You have your VMware Identity Manager tenant URL, for example, mycompany.vmwareidentity.com. When you receive your email confirmation, go to your tenant URL and sign in using the local admin credentials you received. This admin is a local user.
- Log in to the administration console.
- (SaaS environments) Click Accept to accept the Terms and Conditions agreement.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab.
- Click Setup.
- On the Connectors page, click Add Connector.
- Enter a name for the connector.
- Click Generate Activation Code.
The activation code displays on the page.
- Copy the activation code and save it.
What to do next
If you are activating the VMware Identity Manager connector component while running the Enterprise Systems Connector installer, copy and paste the connector code into the VMware IDM Connector Activation page of the installer.
If you are activating the VMware Identity Manager connector component later, after installation, see Activate the VMware Identity Manager Connector.