About this task
The new connector instances must be activated against the same VMware Identity Manager service as the first connector instance.
You have installed and configured the first connector instance, as described in Run the Enterprise Systems Connector Installer.
- Install and configure a new VMware Identity Manager Connector instance by following these instructions.
- Associate the new VMware Identity Manager Connector with the WorkspaceIDP of the first connector instance.
- In the VMware Identity Manager administration console, select the Identity & Access Management tab, then select the Identity Providers tab.
- In the Identity Providers page, find the WorkspaceIDP of the first connector instance and click the link.
- In the Connector(s) field, select the new connector.
- Enter the Bind DN password and click Add Connector.
- Click Save.
- Configure and enable authentication adapters on the new connector.
Authentication adapters on all the connectors in your cluster must be configured identically. The same authentication methods must be enabled on all the connectors.
- In the Identity & Access Management tab, click Setup, then click the Connectors tab.
- Click the link in the Worker column of the new connector.
- Click the Auth Adapters tab.
All available authentication adapters for the connector are listed.
The PasswordIdpAdapter is already configured and enabled because you associated the new connector with the directory associated with the first connector.
- Configure and enable the other authentication adapters in the same way as the first connector. Ensure that the configuration information is identical.
For information on configuring authentication adapters, see the VMware Identity Manager Administration Guide.