After you install and activate the VMware Identity Manager Connector, set up a directory in the VMware Identity Manager administration console and establish the connection with your enterprise directory to sync users and groups to the service.
About this task
VMware Identity Manager supports integrating the following types of directories.
Active Directory over LDAP
Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)
See the Directory Integration with VMware Identity Manager guide for more information before you set up the directory. High-level tasks are listed here.
The prerequisites depend on the type of directory you are integrating. See the Directory Integration with VMware Identity Manager guide for information.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console.
You can also go to the administration console by clicking the Log in to the administration console link in the Setup is Complete page that is displayed after you activate the connector.
- Select the user attributes to sync to the directory.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab, then click Setup.
- In the User Attributes tab, select which attributes are required, and add additional attributes if necessary.
If an attribute is marked required, only users with that attribute are synced to the service.Important:
Be aware of the following restrictions.
After the directory is created, you cannot change an attribute from optional to required. You must make that selection now.
The settings in the User Attributes page apply to all directories in the service. When you make an attribute required, consider the effect on other directories.
If you plan to sync Citrix-published resources to VMware Identity Manager, you must make distinguishedName a required attribute.
- Click Add Directory and select the type of directory you want to add.
- Follow the wizard to enter the directory configuration information, select groups and users to sync, and sync users to the VMware Identity Manager service.
See "Configuring Active Directory Connection to the Service" in the Directory Integration with VMware Identity Manager guide for information.
What to do next
Click the Users & Groups tab and verify that users are synced.