After the admin API key is created, you add an admin account and set up certificate authentication in the AirWatch admin console.
About this task
For REST API certificate-based authentication, a user level certificate is generated from the AirWatch admin console. The certificate used is a self-signed AirWatch certificate generated from the AirWatch admin root cert.
The AirWatch REST admin API key is created.
- In the AirWatch admin console, select the Global > Customer-level organization group and navigate to Accounts > Administrators > List View.
- Click .
- In the Basic tab, enter the certificate admin user name and password in the required text boxes.
- Select the Roles tab and choose the current organization group and click the second text box and select AirWatch Administrator.
- Select the API tab and in the Authentication text box, select Certificates.
- Enter the certificate password. The password is the same password entered for the admin on the Basic tab.
- Click Save.
The new admin account and the client certificate are created.
- In the List View page, select the admin you created and open the API tab again.
The certificates page displays information about the certificate.
- Enter the password you set in the Certificate Password text box, click Export Client Certificate and save the file.
The client certificate is saved as a .p12 file type.
What to do next
Configure your AirWatch URL settings in the VMware Identity Manager admin console.