To register a domain, you enter your email domain and email address in the identity manager admin console Auto Discovery page.
About this task
An email message with an activation-token is sent to your email address on the domain. To activate the domain registration, you enter the token in the Auto Discovery page and verify that the domain you registered is your domain.
To set up auto discovery for VMware Identity Manager on-premises deployments, you must log in to the admin console as the local admin. You enter the AirWatch ID and password that you created in the AirWatch Web site, https://secure.air-watch.com/register.
- In the administration console, Identity & Access Management tab, click .
- (On-premises deployments only). Configure the AirWatch auto discovery URL.
Auto Discovery URL
Enter the URL as https://discovery.awmdm.com.
Enter the email address you registered with AirWatch to log in to their Web site.
Enter the password associated with the AirWatch account.
- In the Email Domain text box, enter your organizations email domain to register.
- In the Confirmation Email Address text box, enter an email address on that email domain to receive the verification token.
- Click OK.
The status of this email domain registration is marked Pending. You can have only one pending email domain at a time.
- Navigate to the email and copy the activation token that is in the message.
- Return to the page and paste the token in the Activation Token text box
- Click Verify to register the domain.
The email domain is registered and is added to the list of registered email domains on the Auto Discovery page.
End users can now enter their email address in the Workspace ONE application to access their app portal.
What to do next
If you have more than one email domain, add another email domain to register.