You configure Just-in-Time user provisioning for a third-party identity provider while creating or updating the identity provider in the VMware Identity Manager service.
About this task
When you enable Just-in-Time provisioning, you create a new Just-in-Time directory and specify one or more domains for it. Users belonging to these domains are added to the directory.
You must specify at least one domain. The domain name must be unique across all the directories in the VMware Identity Manager service. If you specify multiple domains, SAML assertions must include the domain attribute. If you specify a single domain, it is used as the domain for SAML assertions without a domain attribute. If a domain attribute is specified, its value must match one of the domains otherwise login fails.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager service administration console.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab, then click Identity Providers.
- Click Add Identity Provider or select an identity provider.
- In the Just-in-Time User Provisioning section, click Enable.
- Specify the following information.
A name for the new Just-in-Time directory.
One or more domains.Important:
The domain names must be unique across all directories in the tenant.
- Complete the rest of the page and click Add or Save. For information, see Configuring a Third-Party Identity Provider Instance to Authenticate Users.