To save time, you can batch import multiple Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)/Active Directory (AD) users and devices into the AirWatch Console.
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > Batch Status or Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status > Add and select Batch Import.
- Enter the basic information including a Batch Name and Batch Description in the AirWatch Console.
- Select the applicable batch type from the Batch Type drop-down menu.
Select and download the template that best matches the kind of batch import you are making.
Blacklisted Devices – Import a list of known, non-compliant devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Blacklisted devices are not allowed to enroll. If a blacklisted device attempts to enroll, it is automatically blocked.
Whitelisted Devices – Import pre-approved devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Use this import a list of known, trusted devices. The ownership and group ID associated to this device is automatically applied to the device during enrollment.
User / Device – Choose between a Simple and an Advanced CSV template. The simple template features only the most often-used options and the Advanced template features the full, unabridged compliment of options.
Open the CSV file, which consists of a CSV (comma-separated values) file that is populated with a single row completed with a sample device data. The CSV file features several columns corresponding to the setting that display on the Add / Edit User page. The GroupID column corresponds to the Enrollment Organization Group setting on the Add / Edit User page.
You can confirm whether or not users are part of the enrollment organization group (OG).
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment and check the Grouping tab.
- If the Group ID Assignment Mode is set to Default, then your users are part of the enrollment OG.
- For a directory-based enrollment, the Security Type for each user must be Directory.
- Enter data for your organization's users, including device information (if applicable) and save the file.
- Return to the Batch Import page and select Choose File to locate and upload the CSV file that you had previously downloaded and filled out.
- Select Save.