Add VMware Boxer as a public application to the AirWatch Console. Adding applications through an app store enables AirWatch to manage applications by your settings in the console.
In Apple Play Store, Boxer Lite and Boxer Pro may also appear in the search results. These apps are consumer apps that do not offer AirWatch functionality.
- Navigate to Apps & Books > Applications > List View > Public.
Select Add Application.
Configure the text boxes that display and select Next.
Setting Description Managed By View the organization group where the application is uploaded. Platform Choose the appropriate platform. Only iOS and Android devices are supported currently. Source
Select to search for the application in the app store or play store.
Name Enter "VMware Boxer".
Locate and select the VMware Boxer app in the Search results screen.
- Review the information that automatically populates in the Details tab.
- Under the Deployment tab, choose the app delivery mode either as On-Demand or Automatic.
- On Demand – Deploys content to the App Catalog and lets the device user decide if and when to install it. This option is the best choice for content that is not critical to the organization. Allowing users to download the content when they want helps conserve bandwidth and limits unnecessary traffic.
- Automatic – Deploys content to a device upon enrollment. If the device is enrolled, this option immediately prompts users to install the content on their devices. This option is the best choice for content that is critical to your organization and its mobile users.
Under Policies settings, determine how your end users receive the app.
Setting Description Device must be MDM Managed to install this App
Enable this option if a device must be managed to install the Boxer app.
- If you enable this option, only the devices enrolled using Agent and Workspace ONE step up enrollment method receive the email configurations.
- If you disable this option, the devices enrolled using Container, Workspace ONE without step up enrollment, Workspace ONE with step up enrollment, and the Agent receive the email configurations.
Apple iOS 7+
This setting is not applicable to Boxer.
Remove On Unenroll
Select this option to remove the Boxer application when the device unenrolls from AirWatch.
Prevent Application Backup
This setting does not apply to Boxer, because the application is configured such that it prevents application backup.
Make App MDM Managed if User Installed
Apple iOS 9+
Enable this setting if your end users download Boxer from the Store and you want to use the Remove on Unenroll setting. Otherwise, Boxer does not have to be MDM managed.
Application uses AirWatch SDK
Enable this setting to use the AirWatch SDK for additional functionality.
If you are using Single Sign-On, you must enable this option.
Select Save and Assign.
You can add an assignment now or you can come back and add assignments later.
- Add assignments now - Select Add Assignment and follow the steps outlined in VMware Boxer Email Settings.
Add assignments later - Select View Device Assignment. The console prompts for confirmation that you are not assigning the application. VMware Boxer displays in the List View and you can edit it later to assign it to devices as outlined in VMware Boxer Email Settings.