The Remote Management v4.1 installer requires configuring the installer settings before starting installation. The configuration file allows you to save the configuration for use with multiple servers.
Install the proper certificates onto the server. For more information on the certificates, see Remote Management v4.1 Requirements.
- Install the Site certificate to secure HTTPS binding for the server.
- Install the AirWatch portal certificate onto the server. Install the root certificate into the Root Trusted Certificate Authorities store and the intermediate certificate into the Intermediate Trusted Certificates store. For information on generating the certificates, see Generate the Remote Management v4.1 Certificates.
- Install the Enrollment certificate onto the server. Install the root certificate into the Root Trusted Certificate Authorities store. Next, install the intermediate certificate into the Intermediate Trusted Certificates store. Then install the client certificate into the Personal store.
Configure the installer.
On the database server, extract the contents of the installer ZIP file into C:\temp.Important:
Extract all contents from the ZIP file into c:\temp. Do not move the files around inside the temp folder as the installer needs all the files in their extracted locations. Do not rename or move the temp folder.
- Start the installer.
- Select Next.
- Select Configure to configure the server settings before installation.
Enter the Database credentials.
Setting Description Database Server Name Enter the server hostname, IP address, or loopback address (as it is a single server). DB Owner user name Enter the user name of the internal Remote Management Database user that the installation automatically creates in the database. DB Application user name Enter the user name of the internal Remote Management Database user that the installation automatically creates in the database.
- (Optional) Select the Advanced button to configure the Port, LDF, MDF, and NDF paths for the database.
- Select Next.
Configure the Portal Server settings.
Setting Description Webserver IP Address Enter the IP address for the webserver. Port
Enter the port. The default is 80.
Select Check to validate the port. If you leave the IIS Default website bound to port 80, you must either remove the Default website or use a different port.
Enable HTTPS Binding This setting is required. The port defaults to 443. Active Directory Domain Name Enter your Active Directory domain name. Group Enter the Active Directory group created for remote management. User name Enter the Active Directory user name created for remote management. Enrollment Certificate Enrollment Certificate
Select the ... Button to browse for the AirWatch enrollment certificate.
When you select the certificate, the installer asks for the certificate password. After entering the password and selecting OK, if the Enrollment Certificate setting remains empty, the password did not validate. Select the certificate again and reenter the password.
Configure the App Service settings, including:
Setting Description Enable T10 Service Select to enable the T10 service. T10 Certificate
Browse for the T10 certificate by selecting the ... Button.
Consider using a P7B format for this certificate. The P7B format includes the whole certificate chain and does not require a password to install. The P7B format also places the Root and Intermediate certificates into the correct certificate stores automatically.
Auto generate a user in Local Users and Groups Create a user for the T10 service in the machine's Local Users and Groups.
- Select Finish.
After selecting Finish, the installer creates the install.config file. This file contains all the configuration settings for the Remote Management v4.1 installer. You can skip the configuration step when installing on multiple Remote Management v4.1 servers by exporting this file to other systems.
Next, start the Install portion of the installer. For more information, see Install the Remote Management Server Components.